Friday, March 2, 2012

Jamaica concluded!

And here we are at the final chapter of our Jamaican vacation!!!

We had to take a UP style excursion while in paradise! So we decided to go on the guided dune buggy tour!







Hey Goat! (just a little inside joke for my friends!)



The last adventure of our trip was one that we were strongly looking forward to. One of my vendors at work, has a jet ski rental in Negril, Jamaica. It's about an hour and a half away from Montego Bay. His best friend/business partner is from the UP but living in Jamaica for the winter! He called Peter and arranged for he and Phil (their Jamaican business partner) to drive to Montego Bay, and pick us up! We were so excited not only to see Negril and go jet skiing, but also to get a chance to see the real Jamaica.

The following pictures are from the property where Phil and Peter both have houses, they live up in the hills outside Negril and it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.
This is a house in the village on our way up to their property.

Phil is cutting a fresh coconut for Georgie and I to try the water.

Sippin fresh coconut water for the first time


The view! The blue in the background isn't just the sky but also the ocean/beach of Negril.

We were so fortunate that Peter and Phil took us to the village and showed us around. One of the amazing things that we got to see was an elementary school. Normally the children wear uniforms but it was Jamaica day so they dressed in their flag colors.

\
They were all so eager for attention and hugs, they were really sweet and I wanted to scoop them up and take them home with me.




FYI, these kids were not nearly as interested in Georgie as me :) They must be good judges of character!!
 I am thinking of putting together a care package of school supplies for the kids and sending it to the school, they don't have much. If anyone is interested in contributing let me know.

This is the gorgeousness also known as 7 mile beach, in Negril.




This is Auntie Doris's place! The green building behind us is her 9 room hotel, literally it's 30 feet from the beach! Where you see us is at her bar! I could waste a few days sitting there, easy!

This, is Bigg's! Believe it or not, it's where we ate lunch! One of the things I really wanted to do was eat where the locals eat! We had a chance to do that for breakfast and lunch on this day. Biggs has the best chicken I've had all week, he cooks it in a grill made out of a 50 gallon drum! George also had some fish and rice that was awesome! We even bought a small jar of his Jerk sauce! Georgie loved it!

That's it for our Jamaican adventure! I hope you enjoyed the ride! I'll leave you with a couple of "evening out" pics of me and my love!


1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on your blog beaners. Let me know when you send the chilren of jamaica care packages, i'll help. That's a beautiful idea.you look really good in that white bikini!

    ReplyDelete