Thursday, January 19, 2012

Egg Cups!

Morning Y'all! (I was born in Texas and that alone gives me the right to say y'all, lol).

While I have no true problems with getting up early in the morning, I do have my routine down to a science and sleep until the last possible second! That doesn't leave a lot of time for breakfast, so I bring something with me and eat it at work. For years that has been a cup of yogurt - in the summer I'll bring homemade granola that I buy at the Farmer's Market to add to it -  but it doesn't get any more diverse than that!

I realize that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so when I saw my friend Andrea had pinned this on pinterest, I had to give it a try!


Photo is from Pinterst and the original recipe is posted at http://thesimpledelights.com/


First I preheated the oven at 400 and sprayed a muffin tin with cooking spray
Then I used Carl Budding ham pouches. Those pouches are 90 calories and have 10 thin slices in each pouch. I used two slices per muffin cup.
Then I cracked an egg in each ham cup.

















I sprinkled some salt and pepper in each egg and cooked for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes they looked not quite done to me, so I left them in for 2 more minutes.


Take note of this: I was wrong :) (george, don't expect me to say that again) they were done at 12 minutes because I like my egg yolks runny and these yolks were firm.

Georgie put some cheese on his right after they came out of the oven, it melted nicely!






Here's my yummy breakfast!

This recipe with the Carl Budding ham clocks in at 98 calories per cup!

I made 10 of them so I could put a stash in the fridge/freezer and take them to work with me.
This week on Monday, I warmed up my egg cup for a few moments in the microwave and it was just as yummy as the first time!

I'm so excited because it's an easy to make protein packed breakfast!

Yum! What do you eat for breakfast?

3 comments:

  1. I usually don't eat breakfast but i am going to try this. Thanx J Lahti

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetpea I'm glad you did this receipe cause i want to try it! That old table turned out great. wish we could all have a george in the house. i love your writing style, keep going. loves u mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. o.m.g. back in my non-vegan days, this would be my FAVORITE breakfast EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete