Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mom's Famous Frosting!

I was very fortunate to spend 2 awesome years with George's mom, Linda, getting to know her and learning from her.

One of the many amazing things I am grateful for? Her recipe box!!!! She had a fantastic variety of recipes that were just so, her! I am so lucky to have been exposed to (and eaten!) many of her signature dishes! She was always so willing to cook for anyone, anytime, and she always always made me food without onions!!! She knew how much I hated them! She understood my pickiness! She encouraged me to try new things (deep fried fish and tartar sauce, sweet potatoes, olives) but laughed with me when I hated them!

One way that George and I love to remember her is by cooking one of her favorites and enjoying it together!


Today I am sharing with you her awesome frosting recipe!

It is not only the yummiest frosting that you'll ever have, it's also the easiest to make!

Here's what you need:



Cool whip and instant pudding mix!

THAT'S IT!

**you need a little milk too**




Simply empty the cool whip in to a bowl, add the instant pudding mix and 1 cup of milk, and mix!



I told you it was the easiest to make, ever! Wait until you taste it! It's creamy and smooth but not overly sweet!!! It's the perfect compliment to your faveorite cake recipe! Linda always served this over "poke cake" - a cake that's infused with Jello! I'll show you that recipe some other time.

It comes out pretty thin when you first mix it, but if you put the bowl in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, it will firm back up to the consistency of cool whip!

Everytime I serve this frosting, people rave!

I have also mixed about 1/2 cup of peanut butter in and put them on chocolate cupcakes and it was fabulous! I have always wanted to make other varieties, like using chocolate pudding mix or adding almond extract, the possibilities here are endless!!!

When I made this the ther day, I didn't have a cake to frost, so I made a little yummy treat!

Graham crakers with strawberry slices, chocolate chips and frosting!

A little indulgent, but, yum :)

Go try some for your self! If you make a new flavor, be sure to come back here and tell us all how it turned out!

I promise to keep sharing Linda's recipe's with the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment