Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to all my friends and blog readers!

I love that during the last quarter of the year, we have so many reasons to look back and appreciate the last 12 months! I know I just did my "thanks" on Thanksgiving but there is something about New Year's that makes me want to look back and be grateful. If you've read my blog since Thanksgiving then you already know that I'm most thankful for my marriage and my family! They are the two most important things in my life!

Looking forward, I am thankful for the new life that I know will come in 2012 (not from me though, don't go getting any ideas!). I know some people who are expecting and I couldn't be happier for them and the new chapters in their lives! Having my niece come into the world has renewed my belief in love and life, if I didn't know it before, I really do believe babies are pure joy and love, and they force us to focus on what's truly important!

I'm not usually a "resolution" person, but since I have the blog, I'll take a moment to talk about somethings that I'd like to focus on next year and then we can all hold me accountable, okay? :)

I always want to remain grateful and joyful. I need to remember that I am the only one who has control over those two statements. It is always my responsibility to count my blessings and focus on the good! With that, a negative attitude is always my responsibility as well. No one forces us to go there, not customers, not bosses, not husbands or mothers or friends or strangers, we all willingly jump down the rabbit hole to negativity and it's always harder to climb back up. No matter what, I always have many things to be thankful for and will continue to remind myself everyday. And it's my responsibility to create more situations to grow, learn and enjoy!


Health, health health..... This is a difficult one! I would say I am a moderately healthy person. I don't have any major health issues, I quit smoking in 2010 (yay!), don't drink too much, etc. Now, I'm not knocking down the door to the gym or in shape by any means (let's just leave that can of worms closed), but I'm just sayin that I'm not on the waiting list for a hear attack either.... However, I would say there is one part of my life where I really need improvement.....

If you know me IRL (in real life), which I think you do (if you don't, comment on the blog so I know you are reading!) - then you'll know that my favorite thing to do is EAT!!! I don't always eat the most healthy food though , while I do enjoy salads and fruits and veggies; things like chips, turkey sandwiches, pickles, chili cheese fries, pasta - those are my faves (wow now I'm hungry!).  I need to focus more on eating less processed foods, and not eating "out" so much. If I eat more whole foods and foods that I prepare myself, then I have more control over my health (and my weight) also, it will cost less $$! George and I are so busy that we pretty much take any excuse to pick up dinner vs. cooking! We are foodies for sure, but we need to kick the health up a notch! And spend less $$$!

Also WATER! you may also know that I am a Coca-cola addict (almost typed coke addict there but didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, haha!). There is always more and more evidence that drinking water has immense health benefits. It's great for digestion, skin care, getting rid of waste and toxins - I could go on and on! I need to get into a better water routine! Maybe I only get a coke that day if I drank 1 or 2 bottles of water already? 

It seems like I'll start a food or water routine but I can only keep up with it for about 30 days before I go back to my old ways. I know that looking at it as a "lifestyle" and change in moderation are keys here. I can't just say "I'm going to drink 64 ounces of water everyday and only eat out once a month and......" It's too extreme and it won't last. I need to make sustainable changes for a healthier lifestyle. Any one have tips or methods to help me out?

Well, this post kind of took on a life of it's own there, didn't it? :)

So, help keep me on track next year would ya?  If you see me griping and crabbing about stuff (never happens, i know) then tell me to be grateful! If you see me eating chili cheese fries, back away slowly and don't touch them! But then email me a nice healthy recipe later.

What are your goals for next year?

Happy New Year!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok first of all is this a possible first step to becoming a writer? Girl, I could read this stuff for hours....luckily Jacob is napping rght now ;) So a few tips, as I am working on all of these areas myself, always have snacks. In your purse a mix (you can develop to your liking) maybe a small amount of nuts, raisins, seeds, dried fruit, etc become grazer. Lots of small meals, everything in moderation no deprivation. When you go out immediately put half the meal aside in a box (enjoy the meal twice). Water..try the protein/fiber water mix single packets (in dietary section) the water is yummier and fiber is essential for weight loss. Exercise, the Dome its Free! Walking, running, bleachers, bring whatever tool you need and you can fit it in on lunch if need be. You may or may not already do many of these thing but there ya go :) Happy 2012 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime, love the comment, thanks! I would love nothing more than to be a writer! I just need to dig deep and find the discipline to stick with it! Also, thanks for the great health tips! Lord knows I need them! :) Let's get together soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete