Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jamaica!!!

Most of  you already know, but recently George and I traveled to Montego Bay, Jamaica for our honeymoon! We had a fantastic time soaked up the sun for sure!

Our travels to get there is another story altogether! A story for a different post! Let's just say we won't be flying Delta again anytime soon.

Back to the happy memories....

We stayed at the Sandals Carlyle Inn in Montego Bay, Jamaica. This is the view from our balcony. In Montego Bay there are 3 Sandals properties, the Carlyle being the smallest. It only has 52 rooms and had one pool and whirlpool. Also, it's located across the street from a public beach. This differs from the other two properties, Sandals Montego Bay (MoBay) and Sandals Royal Caribbean (the Royal). These two locations featured hundreds of guest rooms, long white sandy beaches, many pools and bars and dining options.

The reason we chose the Carlyle is because of the Stay at 1, Play at 3 feature. It's no secret that I am frugal :) and the Carlyle was much less expensive for a week than the other properties, but we'd had full access to them as well! The catch? Well, none if you ask me! Others might say the 10-15 minute shuttle ride between the properties is a catch but I didn't mind. For us, in fact, we loved being in the hustle and bustle of the bigger hotels when we wanted to, but always had the option to come "home" to our quaint inn.

Now more pictures:




These two are the beautiful ocean across the street from the Carlyle and our view of the bar/amphitheater/gardens, from outside our room.


Here is Georgie and I enjoying some drinks on the beach our first full day. Here, we are at Sandals MoBay, where we spend most of our time. And FYI, I wore that hat all week and got MANY compliments on it :)



This is the catamaran boat at MoBay, we were scheduled for a Sunset Cruise on Valentine's day, but it was too choppy. :(


This is a view of the beach and the picnic tables during lunch.
Come sundown, those picnic tables are elegantly dressed and lit with candles to transform the beach into the Stewfish restaurant. Georgie and I had the privilege of dining there on Valentine's Day and had the best meal of the week. I had steak and he had lobster bouillabaisse.



Here we are during our Valentine's day dinner!

Below you will see some more pictures of MoBay....


This is a view of the lunch counter where you could get pizzas, jerk chicken, burgers, quesadilla's - one day they even made me chili cheese fries :). This is also where they cook dinner for the stew fish!


This is a better view of the water sports equipment. Those small boats with the sails, they are called Hobie cats.

Funny story: on the day we went snorkeling, we had about 30 minutes to kill and one of the lifeguards talked us into taking a hobie cat ride. He assured me he'd be taking us out! So we donned our life vests and got ready, we took our seats on the boat. At the last minute, he kicked me off and said he was giving Georgie a lesson!!! A few minutes later they came back and George looked confused but excited! I hopped on and away we went! The lifeguard was giving us instructions from the beach and when it was time to turn around and come back, oh my!!! Georgie pushed the rudder arm when he was supposed to pull, the sail switched sides and over we went! Not being the best swimmer I knew he'd be worried that I was okay so I immediately started yelling "I'm fine I'm fine!" The rescue boat came for us and he successfully talked Georgie through it to get back to shore.... I road in the rescue boat!




Hanging out at the pool/swim up bar at MoBay!


I spent a lot of time hanging out on this raft while Georgie pushed me around! Behind the camera is a swim up bar!

That's where I'll leave you for today!

On the next post, snorkeling, the Royal Private Island and more!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment