Thursday, November 3, 2011

DIY Jeweled Headband

I keep seeing jeweled headbands in the magazines and on TV. Last year I bought a black and silver one from Target and I wear it all it time.  I like them because you can jazz up your usual hairstyle without losing extra sleep on weekday mornings!

Having only one black headband, isn't really working for me though. I think I might need a few more :). Let's do a little shopping and find some inspiration...

This one from Nordstroms is adorable (gray is totally my color), it sells for $18.90





















And I love the delicate flower on this one from the Gap, it's $9.95


Spending $10 to $20 on hair accessories, isn't really in my budget, though.  So yesterday I thought I'd venture out and make my own. You can get some headbands for around $3-$5 but I find those are mostly the thin metal type and they give me a headache. Plus, this way, mine are one of a kind!

Here's what I used:
The two headbands are from the Dollar Store ($1 each)
The flowers are from Michaels ($1.99 for both)
And the amber jewels are also from Michaels ($2.99 for a large package)
The hot glue gun, I already had.

It was very simple, the flowers were stick on but I added a drop of hot glue for good measure. Being that they are the centerpiece, I put those on first. Then I hot glued the jewels around the flowers and I'm done!

The end result:




Both were complete in about 10 minutes for around $7 (and I have a TON of jewels left over too).

Not bad, eh?


Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment