Monday, November 21, 2011

T-Shirt Scarf!

Welcome to my very first "Upcycle" post!

This is an idea that I found, of course, on Pinterest! - See previous posts if you still don't know what Pinterest is!

This "Pin" lead me to this article on TidyMom.com!


She gives some amazing step by step instructions!!!
If I can do this, trust me, anyone can!







I used an old TShirt of George's (if you don't know who George is, ready the Nifty Thrifty post below!). - You should use a shirt that will fit a total of 8-12 paper plate circles on it - or 4-6 on each side.








 
< Traced my circles...



....then cut out my circles >












And spiral cut the circles -a lot of cutting in this project! After your cut the spirals, stretch them a bit to give them some extra bounce :)









Then I took some extra fabric and used my trusty hot glue gun to secure it together! TidyMom said that some T-Shirts will require two spirals to be glued together to ensure it's got the right length, but my spirals were extra long so I got to skip that step!




Here she is all done and curly!



I ended up cutting my sprials because they were a bit too long! When I put it on, I used a flower clip to hold it in place and finish the look. You could tie the two sides, or braid them, like I did when I wore it to work the next day.




Certainly not like any other scarf I've seen in the stores lately!

The best thing about my new scarf? It was FREE! And, recycled!

If you want to make one (and I encourage that you do) go to TidyMom.com and follow her instructions!

**I do realize that the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired here. Let's not make my little scarf feel bad about it though, it's not her fault! Leave her a comment and tell her how cute she is!**

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment