Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn Wreath

I was super excited to make a Christmas wreath for one of my "Christmas Craft" blog posts! There are so many awesome types of homemade wreaths on the internet it was hard to choose. Check out Pinterest (shocker!) to find one for yourself.

I chose a yarn wreath for my first time!

A good tip (that I didn't follow) is to purchase plumbing foam and tape it together to make the base of your wreath. Apparently it's only about $1. I can be kinda lazy though (shocker! again!) and the $5.99 floral foam wreath at Michael's was alot easier to bring home! Bad Shawn! Baaaad Shawn!

Here is my base and my yarn ready to go.
Threading the yarn around the wreath was a bit time consuming but overall not hard one bit! 

Whenever I began or ended a yarn color, I used a dab of hot glue and a little knot, both placed on the back side of the wreath. I chose to do 6 blocks of 3 colors.














The next day, I made some flowers out of old Tshirts (which is a different blog post all together) and they turned out really cute. I just happened to have old Tshirts in matching colors!


I think it turned out really cute! A very easy, inexpensive (and even cheaper if you're not lazy, like me) Christmas decoration! And throw in a little recycling for good measure :)


Here is a close up of the flowers.

Cute, eh?


Stay tuned to the blog for more Christmas Crafts!

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment