Monday, November 28, 2011

Jewelry Organizer

Here we are at another post inspired by Pinterest! If you're new to my blog, please check out Pinterest.com! You'll be glad that you did.

Here's the "Pin" That inspired me:













So I went to Lowe's to get my supplies! I then discovered that you can only buy full 4x8 sheets of peg board at Lowe's. My jewelry organizer was only going to be 2ft by 18 inches so that was too much for me. I ended up finding a 1/2 sheet at Menards for around $3.
At Lowe's though, I picked up some paint for the pegboard and a multi pack of pegs and hooks for about $10.


First, George cut my peg board and I painted it.











Then I had to choose a spot to hang it! I decided that bright pink pegboard didn't exactly match our cream, brown and blue bedroom, so I thought it best if I hid my organizer......


What does my closet have to do with this?



A hidden accessories paradise!!


For once my necklaces won't be tangled in a drawer!






I think my favorite part is the ribbon that I used to hang all my earrings! I didn't even know that I had so many!




This project was surprisingly easy and I am IN LOVE with the results. Usually when I'm getting ready, I don't add much extra jewelry because it always took so much time to search for what I needed and de-tangle it from the mess in my jewelry box. Not anymore! Now I can just push my clothes aside and see everything that I have right there!

I can't wait to have date night with fabulous accessories!

Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. may i add a helpful hint....use sewing thread roll to hang purses on

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds interesting! do you have a picture?

    ReplyDelete