Friday, November 18, 2011

Nifty Thrifty!

Thrift Shopping is something that I LOVE to do!
I love clothes and changing my look often but I'm also really cheap!
I never pay full price for anything!

The best way thing about thrifting?
It's guilt free! I can come home with a bag full of clothes and George (that's what I call my husband) can't say anything because I usually spend less than $20!!! And it's recycling!

It's such a thrill to dig down in the racks and find something totally amazing!

I make sure to shop in all departments and all sizes! Something
that was a juniors dress could be a women's tunic! Also most clothes have been shrunken (makes me wanna say "it's already been sharunken" - in my best "Bring It On" voice) by their original owner so that L or XL on the label isn't always accurate!

Recently I found this adorable jumper while at the Salvation Army.





















It's gray with a herringbone pattern and a slight shimmer! A little short to wear on it's own but add some tights and we're good to go! I used a low slung belt to gather and pull the dress a little to make it fit more like a skirt/shirt combo. This dress has pockets but they are a bit low on my body so the belt covers them nicely. You could also sew the pockets shut and cut off the excess fabric if you wanted.

It goes perfect with my $24 boots from GoJane and my fave black cardi!

A great outfit for Christmas Eve or New Years Eve, maybe?

I am also starting to work on clothing "upcycling." which is where you take thrifted clothes and repurpose them into something new. Like a tank top into a purse or a woman's sweater into a child's dress. - There are so many ideas out there on the internet, many of them don't require any sewing! The possibilities are endless! Stay tuned for future upcyling posts!

Happy Thrifting!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment